Sunday, November 8, 2009

Believe...

Friday, December 5, 2008 at 12:06am

I should be sleeping right now, but I feel inspired and this is more important.

For all of you who need this; and, more importantly, for all of you who think you don't.


Believe...

I know that there are times-a-plenty you and I have fought,
The angry voices, heated moments, apologies for naught.
I wander down this lonesome road now trying to get by,
A blurry image, I see your face and stumble as I cry...

Believe in me, through battles hard fought to the end...
Believe in me, above all else you I'll defend.

Believe in me, I will not go back on my word...
Believe in me, I love you girl haven't you heard.

Believe in me, no matter the cost I'll not fail...
Believe in me, a deed well worthy of the tale.

Remember back when we first started all that we had said,
That first cold night when it was raining holding you in bed.
A flash of light and we skip forward I'm down on bended knee,
My nervous hands they lead yours forward, a life that's yet to be.

Believe in me, nowhere else can we two belong...
Believe in me, this something I've said for so long.

Believe in me, this paradise clouding your eyes...
Believe in me, a future foretold by the wise.

Believe in me, a love I tried hard not to lose...
Believe in me, you will not regret once you choose.

The memories fade and as they go I cannot help but think,
Each choice and every single reason that brought us to the brink.
I sit beside a warm-lit fire and stare out in the snow,
Reflecting back on my long life the love that I let go...

Believe in me, for what I will tell you is true,
Believe in me, 'cause all I believe in is you...
Believe in me...
Believe in you...
Believe it's true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home