Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Time of Your Life...A Matter of Choice

Monday, October 6, 2008 at 10:41pm

"It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right, I hope you have the time of your life." - Green Day

24 hours in a day.
8 hours of sleep.
16 hours in a day.
8 hours of work.
8 hours in a day.
1.5 hours of swimming.
6.5 hours in a day.
1 hour of weight training.
5.5 hours in a day.
2 hours of running.
3.5 hours in a day.
2.5 hours of eating, dressing, changing, showering, grooming, walking, talking, texting, writing, reading, driving, and every other mundane thing that we do each and every single day of our lives.
1 hour in a day.
Cross Country practice, club meetings, answering e-mails, lesson plans, grading papers, going out at night, and every other conceivable thing I might do...in one hour.
I've already cut into my sleep time significantly just to stay up and write this note...and to eat my Pepto Bismol flavored strawberry frozen yogurt.....what a disappointment!

24 hours in a day. I remember when I used to have so much free time in my day that I would literally look for something to do to occupy myself. Now I find myself looking to squeeze as much out of my time as possible. It forces me to choose the things and people in my life which are most important to me. I've always believed that we find the time for the things we want in life. I wouldn't have that any other way.

I spent six hours today training. 2 miles swimming, my regular "Spartan Workout" with the consecutive 30 x rep sets back-to-back for about an hour, had a smoothie and then went for my 15 mile run.

I know the people who are important to me in my life and I know which things I value and wish to maintain in my life. They are choices I make with the time in my life. It's something unpredictable, but in the end I truly think it's right; so decide for yourself and have the time of your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home