Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Spartan Workout

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 8:47pm

So today marks the first day of the 'next step' in my training. I am very happy with the conditioning of my body and my level of fitness, but I want to try and improve on some strength and toning.

Day 1: 10 mile run
Elevated push-up x 30
One-arm DB Squat x 30
45° Lat Pull-down x 30
Jump-squat w/DB x 30
Elevated push-up x 30
Split-squat Jump x 30
Band-row Seated x 30
Shoulder-press x 30
Stationary Lunge x 30
Russian Twist x 30
6 mile run

Between the two runs I did the total 300 repetitions in 30 minutes with very little rest time...as in none.

On the second run the first three miles were some of the most painful and fatigued miles I have ever run in my life. Fortunately, my conditioning kicked in (read: endorphins) for the last three miles and that part was much easier.

Sigh...Day 1 complete. 179 days to go. Stay tuned.


Pain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home