Sunday, September 7, 2008

List of Things to do Before I'm Thirty (The Five Year Plan)

Originally written on Sunday, February 17, 2008 at 9:15pm

So on this beautiful weekend I did some thinking on my runs and rides about what I wanted to accomplish in the near future. As I was thinking I started coming up with a list, and decided to put a deadline in order to make sure I completed them. So without further ado, here is a list of what I will accomplish before my 30th birthday:

1.) A 50-mile Ultramarathon. (CHECK)
2.) Skydive. (CHECK)
3.) IronMan Kentucky (CHECK)
4.) Swim the English Channel
5.) Run seven marathons on the seven continents of the world.
6.) Scuba dive off of the Great Barrier Reef in Australia.
7.) A 100-mile Ultramarathon. (CHECK)
8.) Spend a year volunteering with the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
9.) IronMan Florida
10.) IronMan Arizona
11.) IronMan Lake Placid
12.) IronMan Wisconsin
13.) Run the Western States 100 Ultramarathon.
14.) Finish writing a book.
15.) Take a spontaneous flight to a random international destination. (CHECK)
16.) Travel across Europe. (CHECK)
17.) Visit Japan.
18.) Race in the Spartathlon.
19.) Run with the Bulls in Pamplona.

There are also a number of things I want to do before I'm 30, but can't guarantee that I'll have finished them by then. This includes:

1.) Learn the basics of sign-language.
2.) RE-learn the basics of the guitar.
3.) Get my PhD.
4.) Crash a wedding (So close to being done this past Summer...)

I'll update the list as I think of more, but I'm always open to suggestions as to what else I should do :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home