Sunday, September 7, 2008

Eternity in a Moment

Originally written on Sunday, April 20, 2008 at 9:25pm

Within each grain of sand lies a world undiscovered; with each new breath we are reborn as life begins anew. Every blink of the eye captures a moment for eternity. Every unspoken thought a requiem for a conversation forever lost in what might have been.

I was running through a park several days ago and saw an elderly woman sitting in a park bench lost in thought. She was staring with unfocused eyes as though reliving some memory of her past. It struck me then of all that life is and how it can pass us in a moment.

I started thinking of how I wanted to compare that captured image of the woman on the bench in my memory to a scene frozen forever within a snow globe. A single moment of time forever captured in eternity. Within the blink of an eye so many possibilities open and close. They stop to say hi or pass by without a glance. I was going to write about it at length, but then when I began I started to think of these rhyming lyrics. I really do not think I have any talent for poetic rhymes, but sometimes it's nice to express my thoughts in a different way.

If you've ever looked into a picture frame, or glanced at your reflection...
Maybe you and I would feel the same, and pass this point of tension.

Of broken hearts, a fractured glance, our eyes meet for a moment...
A stuttered start, I ask to dance, a path to my atonement.

A nervous smile, a little laugh, I can't seem to say anything...
Forgive me girl it's been a while, my path, forever wandering.

I fail to make you see the fire, that burns within my soul...
Every word I say "a liar", your past has taken its toll.

But if you could only see within, and feel of my emotions...
You'd no longer seal it in, risk love and cross the oceans.

All I want to be is there, for you, forever after...
'Cause all I really do is care, it's true, so still the laughter.

A crying shoulder, just be a friend, or love that lasts forever...
I'll be that boulder, your heart I'll tend, I want to be together.

I see it all within a flash, then back to this reality...
The picture frame goes in the trash, reflection just a mockery.

Then I'll go back home at night, and write it all down for comment...
Of what could have been the light, eternity in a moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home